Saturday, September 19, 2009

Night At The Museum: Battle at the Smithsonian

Director: Shawn Levy
Writers: Thomas Lennon, Robert Ben Garant
Starring: Ben Stiller, Amy Adams, Owen Wilson
Release Date: May 22, 2009
Length: 1 hour, 45 minutes

Ben Stiller and director Shawn Levy are back for Night at the Museum: Battle of the Smithsonian, the second installment of the franchise. I didn’t enjoy this film nearly as much as the first, and I can tell I didn’t even like the original one, that much either. Larry Daley (Stiller) has returned as night watchmen 2 years later from his previous job. This time he’s infiltrated the Smithsonian in Washington, to rescue friends Jedediah and Octavius, who have been shipped there by accident. When he gets to the museum, he meets other historical people, such as Amy Adams doing an over the top performance as Amelia Earhart, and Kahmanruh, an evil Egyptian king, who gives Larry a task to perform or his two friends die. You may be asking yourself why in the name of all that is holy would I – or anyone older than 10, who isn’t a parent – even consider seeing this film. Well the movie trailer company deserves every penny they are getting, if not more. That’s right. I’m just going to come out and admit it. I have officially been “punk’d” by a movie trailer. I am very ashamed, but you have to understand, they put the only humorous parts there were, in the trailer. First of all, when I saw the film, nothing was funny and I was unreservedly bored out of my mind. Second of all, this is a kid’s movie, or a family movie, so to speak and there were quite a few kissing scenes in the film. Again, I am fourteen, I am mature, but you or I probably are not the target audience for this film. If you are a parent, take your kids to ‘Up’, which comes out a week later. That film is worth the wait, but the two years for this one wasn’t.

No comments:

Post a Comment